Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ideas...

First, I was sitting here at the Mac and an idea came to me to photograph a group of pencils in a row with only one sharpened. I really figured that someone else would have already shot this but after 31 pages of "pencil" results on iStock I found nothing like the same shot that I made above. I am sure there is something out there like that but I didn't find it. I did find a bunch of sharpened pencils but nothing with a "one above the rest" sort of theme. I would say this is in the same vein as what Steve is currently producing (and I hope to god there isn't a row of pencils in his portfolio) which is clean simple shots.

Denise and I spent some time today going through the garage making our first pass at trying to clean that mess up. Even though we didn't finish we did make some good progress and we are getting closer to our goal of making it usable again.

I ran across a weird Adobe Lightroom situation today. Adobe released version 1.4 last week but it appears they were too aggressive in that release and have now rescinded the previously posted update. I am not sure what is going on there and I really wish they wouldn't have made that mistake because I upgraded both my machines (their licensing allows for a desktop and notebook). So their recommendation is to remove 1.4 and reload 1.3.1. Not sure what I am going to do there... Kind of a drag though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home