Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse...

Dennis O'Keefe and Rob Mendoza reminded me today of the Lunar Eclipse that was scheduled for tonight. I am really glad they reminded me because I would have completely missed it minus seeing it start while driving home. But had I not known to look for it I don't think I would have noticed it. It was pretty difficult to photograph because my longest lens is only 340 mm with a teleconverter. Anyway I pulled out that combination along with my tripod (and warm clothing) and started snapping away trying to catch something interesting. With the long exposures and such it was hard to get good images but I think this one was one of the better ones. I also have some in various stages of the eclipse and when I can put more time toward it I will process those as well!

Anyway I hope that you had a chance to see it yourself!

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 21 February, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was cccooolllddd out in the wind! Nice shot, what ISO did you use? I tried both longer exposure, f-stop, lower ISO combos as well as shorter, wider, faster...which did you find worked better, especially with the wind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home