Monday, January 14, 2008

Jerry Ellison...

Well, funerals appear to be occurring with more regularity. Today was the funeral for my Uncle Jerry Ellison. He passed away on Sunday January 6th. The memorial service was today so I took the day and went to Bakersfield. The funeral home was actually only three blocks away from my grandmother's house so at least it was easy to find. It seemed like a lot of people came to offer their support and it was kind of weird not really knowing many people there. I obviously had the chance to see my cousins Randy and Rhonda and my grandmother again. Randy's work put on a very nice reception after the service and we all caravanned over there after the service. One thing I didn't realize today is that his birthday was a day after mine, he was born on 8 August 1939 in Madera California. I also didn't realize that he was born in California, I always thought he was born in Oklahoma.

On the way back from Bakersfield I was able to pull off the freeway as I was going up toward Tehachapi and made the photograph above. I think it worked well for this posting...

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 15 January, 2008, Blogger Donna Rae said...

That is a beautiful shot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home