Sunday, December 30, 2007

Spinning and spinning...

Toward the of the day and after we had watched more movies than any one family should be allowed to in a single day Desirae was pretty hyped up and was literally spinning around the living room. Deanna tried to get into the game too but just couldn't figure out how to spin as well as Desirae was doing it.

Desirae got a sewing machine for Christmas from Uncle Gary but it was damaged in the box. Denise spent some time trying to figure out a way to make it work but in the end I think we are going to need to just give up. I think it was her mom that said if she tried to just make this one work and it was bad then it could really make Desirae's first experience sewing not a good one. So she is going to come up with a better solution so that to alleviate that possibility. I mean Desirae still may not like sewing but at least it will not be for that reason.

Update: I have been going through my photographs and trying to consolidate the images into my main Lightroom library. I am really amazed just how many images I have. I finally got to 2006 and I thought I was up to date except I found the original archive with 12,856 images in it... So as it stands right now I have:

  • 2000 - 222
  • 2002 - 1,040
  • 2003 - 796
  • 2004 - 2,799
  • 2005 - 9,228
  • 2006 - 1,048, importing 12,856
  • 2007 - 9,329

    Now I realize that (I hope that) there are at least 1,048 dupliates in my 2006 section... Oh well. The good thing is I have been missing some shots from that year and now I think I know where they are! So if everything is correct that is 36,270 digital images and that doesn't include what Denise has capture or our earlier non-NIkon stuff. So at 36 exposure roles that would be around 1,007 roles of film. I would guess that would be around $7 a roll for the film and process so it is about $7k. Wow...

    I am also sending off my Sekonic tomorrow to test out their service. I had waited because I thought I would use it this weekend... I didn't... Oh well.

    I am also waiting on the Photoflex guys to tell me when the new case is in stock. I still haven't figured out how I am going to send that one case back... So all in all I am not thrilled with their support but I am going to wait to see how this plays out before I make final judgement...
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home