Saturday, January 07, 2006

Boondoggle...

Well, Kris and I went on a boondoggle today that I REALLY needed. We took an adventure down to Los Angeles to visit some camera stores. The first thing we did was head to Samy's basically when they opened. It was pretty cool but I think we both came to the collective realization that, other than the large selection, we don't really like Samy's Camera. Well, at least on the 3rd floor. There (3rd floor) it feels like a car dealership and the environment is not very comfortable. However, the 4th floor, the "pro lighting" floor is MUCH better. There I actually had a friendly person come up to me asking if I needed any help, then spend some quality time with me answering my very amateurish questions. But the person very thoughtfully answered my question and basically gave me a very good basic lighting lesson. I was pretty happy with that and ended up buying my only thing for the trip, which was a large 48" shoot through umbrella.

From there I figured I needed to let Kris experience the difference of Canoga Camera so we made the trip to Canoga. The only mistake I made there was exiting the 170 onto Sherman Way and then driving the surface streets to the camera store. I think I hit EVERY light and it took forever. Anyway, when we finally got there we had a similar experience as on the 4th floor of Samy's and Kris got some really good information, and hands on time, with the various Canon lenses he was wanting to see. I was a bit worried that Canoga Camera would not live up to what I was saying they were - but true to form - they were great!

The only photos I took today was a very short series of Denise reading and watching some TV shortly before I drafted this blog. I did not get a chance to try out the umbrella - but I am sure I will tomorrow!

The work thing is still really stressing me out. Toward the mid part of the day I started thinking about it and it was really weighing on me and basically making me sick. I haven't felt this way since Jim left and this really sucks. I mean it is exactly the same with the same stomach and light headiness problems that I was having a few years ago. I honestly don't think I will be able to continue this if it lasts past 18 Jan. With that said I think the escape of this trip really helped and I was able to stay focused (for the most part) on the boondoggle and camera stuff.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, 07 January, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Glad you had a good time on your trip, but sorry that work is stressing you out so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home