Monday, January 02, 2006

What's with the rain?

I think someone forgot to tell the weather that this is supposed to be SUNNY California, not wet California! Denise got up this morning and for a short while her and the kids watched the wet Tournament of Roses Parade. Even though it was raining pretty much during the entire event the parade went on. The kids got bored with it pretty quickly and started driving her crazy so she didn't really get to watch the entire thing. It was pretty amazing how well the floats were holding up with all the water though.

Well Desirae sure likes having her photograph taken. I was playing with my Alien Bee in the modeling light mode and Desirae instantly got in front of it and wanted her photograph taken. Instead of using the strobe I just was using the 100 watt light bulb "modeling light" to illuminate the shot. So this was a very high ISO and low shutter speed shot, but it was cute and it was fun to watch Desirae "pose" for her shots. I am also trying something different and switched the camera out of the RAW mode and just did a straight JPG shot. I am not sure if I am going to continue doing that, but it was interesting to try something different.

I have been following the work/blog/site of photographer Clay Enos. I first heard about him on the Studio Lighting podcast Lightsource It was a pretty interesting interview and his photographs are really well done. The guy does this thing called Street Studio where he basically sets up a portable studio on the street and takes photographs of everyone that comes by and wants their photo taken. He does this all over, for instance right now he is in Cambodia. Denise and I have talked about trying to do something like that here - either on a long weekend when everyone comes out for the ATV fun or during just one of the play group things. Either way it is something fun to consider.

Well I did run across one problem with taking as many photographs as I do and that is going through them for the "yearbook". OMG I have a ton of images to go through. I am not even sure where to start. I did kind of write an outline for the book but it is a bit overwhelming right now. This is obviously going to take a while to pull together. This blog helped a lot in going back over everything to see what has occured but even still I can't come up with a good way to decide what I am going to use for the book. Plus with 63GB worth of images it is a pretty massive list of stuff to cull through. I should have made a book tag or something to use throughout the year and then just pull them out... Oh well...

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 04 January, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

I am looking forward to the Yearbook - maybe next year will be easier if you do a book tag. I really like the blog and feeling connected with your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home