Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Do you really NEED a mouse?

I mean how important are they really anyway. If the pointer will move what more do you need? Well, I guess you need a CLICK!!! For some reason after I left this morning (with everything working fine) the Mac decided it didn't want to do a mouse click anymore but instead it would open the spotlight window (for non-mac folks, this is a way cool system search thing that works pretty darn well). So, left click - spotlight, right click - spotlight, middle click - well nothing. Denise calls me this morning asking what the heck is up with the computer. Well, I have only been doing this mac thing for a year so it isn't like I have everything memorized like I did with XP so I wasn't sure where to begin. I did try to walk her through a few things from remote - but it was pretty much a waste of time.

When I got home I was able to narrow it down to (I think) a mighty mouse driver conflict. Now I only figured this out because after I tried everything else I could think I plugged back in the old mouse and everything started working again. So I removed the "control panel" for the Logitech mouse and rebooted the mac. So far everything is working fine, though I am not completely sure I really fixed the problem. I did shut down a few times and logged in as different users to try and mimic the problem. But everything seems to be okay (I think Bob (the mac) just doesn't like her).
So, I know you are dying to know what Nissan said about the radio... Well, so am I!!! I guess calling back wasn't part of the deal. I think you have to pay extra for that, though I thought I was CLOSE to that price considering the ransom I paid them yesterday.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 27 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey now - Bob does NOT hate Denise! Computers and cars - yikes can't live with them or without them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home