Saturday, December 31, 2005

Living room studio...

So we took down the Christmas tree and most of the decorations which just happen to free up some space for my little "studio" if you can call it that. I have wanted to try some more shots with the white material Denise had found me. I pulled out the gear and set everything up. I started shooting with Desirae, then some of Devin, and then put them together for the shot above. The backdrop was a little small so I had to keep getting Devin to lean the other way because he was pushing the framing out of the backdrop. It is going to have to take some practice to really get this down - but it was nice to get a chance to do it and both the kids really wanted to do it. Though they do get bored REALLY quickly.

I did setup another shot of Denise after the kids went to bed. She was trying to watch a television program and I asked her to sit in the makeshift studio. After doing the first segment I had a better idea of things to try and I think I captured a better image on this one. I also think I might need to re-think my "high-key" type of shots with one light - meaning I probably should stay away from the light backgrounds - it is too difficult to get the lighting right with a single light.

We also decided to go into Boron for lunch today at Domingo's Mexican Restaurant and I think that was a big mistake. The food wasn't that great, the service was bad, and overall the experience wasn't too good. We should have just went to Ramons. However, we were trying to do something different, and we did accomplish that.

Other than that is was a fairly boring day. The weather was cold, windy, and rainy so there really wasn't much to do outside so we pretty much stayed around the house - except for lunch. The big thing was taking the tree down, which was kind of a pain actually, and we watched some movies. Kind of nice and relaxing.

We are also not really into the whole New Years "thing" so we will shut down early and just watch to news in the morning to see if anything "interesting" happens. Otherwise that's pretty much it. However, Happy New Year! to you and we wish everyone a wonderful year. For us this last year with all it's ups and downs has been wonderful and I only see things getting better every year!

OBTW - I think taking the tree down was not a good idea for my back - I think I sent it into over drive and it is really tensing up. I did down the pills so I HOPE that it will take the edge off, but that was REALLY STUPID on my part. I sure hope I can MOVE in the morning!

2 Comments:

At Monday, 02 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, but I am not sure I like the white background. Hope your back recovered the tree thing.

 
At Monday, 02 January, 2006, Blogger Duane said...

Ya, me either. I think I will stick with a darker background for now and try the white at some other point in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home