Monday, January 18, 2010

Diets...

So here is the thing...  The doctor is beating me up about diets and now I have all this new medication to take but you know what, dieting sucks...  It isn't so bad when you get on the scale and the numbers head in the right direction but when they don't change or go the wrong way it can be frustrating and then that chocolate donut with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles sounds oh so good.

Fortunately though Denise makes pretty good stuff, even when you can consider it "healthy".

On another note, I thought it would be a good idea to head down over the hill into the Los Angeles area.  Never mind that all the weather reports said there would be rain.  I figured, heck, it's California it never REALLY rains here.  You know how you always hear those "emergency broadcast system" tests on the radio and television???  Well I heard my very first REAL alert today.  As we (luckily I wasn't stupid enough to take the family with me) dropped into area and we passed four accidents I heard my first alert staying that there was severe flash flood warning with an expected 4 to 6 inches of rain in 3 to 4 hours....  The best part...  As they were rattling off the roads to stay away from we were passing them on the freeway!  Now how smart it that.

The best part is on the way back when we passed an armored van that I flipped over on its side...  So be safe and don't do anything stupid...

1 Comments:

At Monday, 25 January, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

Way to go Duane with the new meal plan. Praying that you do see progress. Since I'm married to a health science major, I now get to be a participant in healthy eating and increased physical activity. Thankfully our wives are pretty good cooks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home