Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Deanna's Birthday...

Today was Deanna's birthday. From her reaction when Denise was sung to by the folks at Ramone's we thought it would be a good idea to go back there today for her birthday. True to form - she really lit up when they came over with the ice cream and the hat! It was really fun to watch and see. It was also cool because Daren was in town and came and met us there for dinner. It was great for the kids to see him again and I hadn't realized that this is the first time he has actually seen Deanna. Hopefully we will get to connect up more, will just have to wait and see on that one.

He also came back to the house so I also had an opportunity to show him my guitar and to get some one-on-one time for some impromptu lessons. It is really cool to be around someone who can play and have a chance to learn some more from him. So he showed me somethings and we (tried) to play some blues together. It was pretty cool and I think I learned a lot. I've got a long way to go but at least I am progressing!

So tomorrow it's back to work and all the drama that is associated with that. There are some major changes in the work and senior leadership has decided it is a swell idea to keep everyone in the dark as to what is going on and how things are going to change. This has been on-going for about three months now and everyone's stress level is pretty high. In my opinion it is wrong to do this to people but it seems like no-one seems to really care. Today was a pretty difficult and frustrating day and I just have to let it go - realistically - in the grand scheme of things none of it is really important anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home