Wednesday, September 06, 2006

More LRS

We decided to take some more shots tonight and at first we tried to make some shots of Deanna - that was a bust and Devin was up for it so we put him in the spot and took a few shots. He was going through all range of emotions - but he was a real trooper and was laughing more than he was "acting" upset! I am not sure if my editing is good enough - but I think I might try to stock these shots.

On a more somber note someone tried to steal one of the little girls from school today as she was walking home. When I got home today the kids were trying to tell me about it but I couldn't really understand what they were saying. As it turns out this little girl was walking home from school today and a white male with blonde hair tried to grab her and lurer her into his white van with a puppy. Fortunately the little girl fought the guy off and was able to run and get help. The guy got away and the police are currently looking for the guy. We spent some time this evening going over the don't talk to strangers and a bit of roll playing to get the kids to really think about the situation. It just sucks that this happened and we have to go down this route. Though I am glad that nothing really happened.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 07 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please make sure they understand what the word "stranger" means. I saw a documentary on this and the kids went with the stranger simply because he told them he knew the parents or that he was not a stranger.

 
At Monday, 11 September, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Really cute pictures of Devin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home