Sunday, July 16, 2006

That tooth finally came out!

Okay, so it was only because of "mommy" dentist, but at least it is out. Devin was NOT happy about it either. We had tried to coax him into pulling it himself, but it wasn't meant to be! Anyway, Denise is becoming a real natural at pulling teeth, but considering what it is like to get the kids to clean their rooms she has a lot of practice.

I did FINALLY dig out the table saw and started, and completed, a project. The keyboard drawer on the desk is basically useless and I have been using it as a drawer. However, without anything on the back things tend to fall out the back. So I added a lip on the rear and sides to enclose the shelf. I HOPE this will keep things in their place, and off my feet!

I have been performing a backup marathon trying to make sure everything is appropriately archived and backed up. Unfortunately I have 210 GB worth of data (pictures, music, videos) that I need to protect and it takes FOREVER to move things around. I started about four hours ago the 2nd move of this data onto that USB SATA drive that I have, and man is it SLOW SLOW SLOW. I don't think it could be much slower!!! The problem is I need to archive everything before I run my older libraries under new version of iPhoto because it will migrate the libraries. My 2005 library is over 70GB and that is going to take a while too. The only bad thing about digital photography is the damn storage!!! Shooting JPG this year has helped out by my 2006 library is 19GB.

Speaking of photography I just can't help but comment on Brads work. I say work because he has an excellent eye and as I was going through the images he took on his trip out here I was thoroughly impressed! I really couldn't believe what I was seeing, and I don't mean that in a negative way. As the images loaded it seemed like one well composed (and exposed) shot after another! I am not sure what he was using before, he just bought a new digital camera. These shots aren't taken with some mighty megapixel wonder but a consumer grade Sony. So keep up the GREAT work there Brad!

3 Comments:

At Monday, 17 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean my daughter is really the tooth fairy?

 
At Monday, 17 July, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

That smile is something to duplicate on your next Halloween pumpkin!

 
At Saturday, 22 July, 2006, Blogger Brad said...

Thanks Duane for the compliments. My pictures are really helped by the quality of the scenery in front of the lens than the eye behind it. Your comments are a real encouragement for me to keep playing with the camera (which means I will keep asking for technical help every now and then).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home