Thursday, February 09, 2006

What kind of bonehead...

...goes on a 400 mile round trip, where most of it has no cell phone coverage, and there are no callboxes anywhere to be found? Ah, that would be me! So I was kind of surprised that I made it all the way home without a blowout or any other problems. So this morning I did some internet searching for new tires for the Bronco and found a set of BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A 31 10.5 15 tires at discount tires. I called them up, they had them in stock, and took $10 off each tire to sweeten the deal. Considering I think the old tires were dangerous I went ahead and drove down there and had them replace them. The top picture shows the new tires on the truck.

Just to prove that I am a goober I took this picture of the tire when they showed one to me to make sure I was getting what I thought I was buying. I am also happy that the noise isn't too much different and the handling is the same. The tires are also bigger than what is stock and what was on it before. They said that size was about as large as I could go without having to replace the wheels.

Since I had some time to waste waiting for them to finish the Bronco I walked over to Young's RV to look at their travel trailers. I wanted to see what they had that I could pull with the Bronco. Denise and I have been talking about getting an RV and we were thinking about maybe switching our target from a motorhome to a travel trailer. That way we would pitch camp and then have the vehicle to drive around (instead of towing a vehicle). Anyway I was really surprised at how nice the travel trailers are and how much space you can get in them. The one I liked, that is Bronco towable, was a Thor Summit 28 foot trailer that can sleep 7 people. It seemed pretty roomy in the trailer and has everything that I think we are looking for. The only thing it doesn't have is a generator, but I guess that is normal for travel trailers. Plus the price is WAY cheaper than an RV. We have to head back into town tomorrow so I think we might stop by there so Denise can take a look at it. We are SERIOUSLY considering getting one.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 09 February, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

The tires look great and I can't believe you were such a BONEHEAD to get the tires AFTER your trip - ahhh you are my son, right? The trailer is WAY cool.

 
At Friday, 10 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get the trailer )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home