Friday, February 03, 2006

For Denise's Mom...

Denise has been bugging me to photograph Deanna with the blanket her mom made for Deanna and I FINALLLY did it. Denise also really liked the fact that Deanna was trying to eat it! So to Pat, thank you very much, and as you can see Deanna is getting great use out of it!

Okay, this is just a stupid shot but I was playing around with my flash unit and new flash meter and had to take a shot of something and Denise didn't want me flashing Deanna while she was trying to get her asleep. I took off part of today (and all of next week) and drove down to Canoga Camera again. As it turned out we were able to work out a deal where they took 2 of my older lenses in trade and I was able to upgrade my light meter to the new Sekonic L358 flash meter. It has a lot more features as compared to my older Minolta Autometer IIIF and I have read really good things about the meter. I also changed the head on my tripod so that should work out nicely too. The only problem today was that they let me see a Nikon D200 that had in the back getting ready to go out. OMG that is a nice camera. The ergonomics is perfect and it feels like a really solid camera.

One thing I can say about that little picture is I really love the lighting from that new umbrella. It is really soft and you can really tell the difference between the picture of Deanna which was taken with a Nikon SB800 with the diffuser dome and the tripod head taken with the AB800.

We are still trying to decide what we are going to do this weekend. At one point we were thinking about taking a trip to the coast, but I think we are going to stick with the original idea Denise had for this weekend which was an Ikea trip. She has always wanted to go there so I think that is what we are going to do. So my plan is to get up early and try to see if I can capture something interesting in the morning, then come back and load everyone up for a LA trip. Should be interesting...

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 04 February, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Sweet picture of Deanna - hope you guys have a fun weekend.

 
At Monday, 06 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Duane, I'm so happy to see Deanna enjoying the blanket one way or the other. Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home