Saturday, January 28, 2006

Impromptu boondoggle...

Well, the entire deal with Jax fell apart for this trip back to the states. I called her this morning and found out that she wasn't going to be able to come out. So we decided to get out of the house and go into town. Denise really wanted to do to Romanos Macaroni Grill so we loaded everyone up and headed out to Bakersfield. I did manage to capture the shot above - I thought the lighting and the empty tables trailing off in the background looked cool. We almost went the other direction but my better sense finally came through as I figured going anywhere near either Canoga Camera or the Northridge Apple Store would NOT be a really good idea.

One thing that was kind of cool after dinner was one older couple sitting next to us that commented on their way out how well behaved our kids were at the restaurant. We generally are VERY aware of people that are around us and don't let the kids go crazy when were are out. It was just really nice that someone commented on it. As a result of that we went ahead and did the desert thing for the kids (and us).

Denise had also noticed before we left that our air filter was flashing change filter so it was time to replace the pre-filter. So we headed to Sears to find the new filter. For some reason the web site says that we can only pick them up in the store and can not order them online. I am not really sure what the deal with that is. Anyway we found what we were looking for and it was probably the fastest Sears trip we have ever made. Fortunately the hepa filter doesn't need changing yet so we didn't have to buy that darn thing. When we got home and changed the pre-filter I couldn't believe how much dirt was in the thing. It was WAY clogged and definitely needed to be changed.

When we were leaving Sears I made this capture of Desirae with Denise clipping Devin into his car seat.

All in all it was a pretty good day and I did mellow out towards the end of it. For some reason I was really on edge when we left. I think I was really driving myself crazy WANTING to go down to Canoga and BUY MORE STUFF. I have a couple of lenses that I want to "trade in" on some other stuff. I think I will probably just do the eBay thing and just put the money aside... I think there might be a Nikon D200 in my future and I need to start saving now if I want to get the darn thing this year... Besides I ALWAYS feel better when I make photographs and I took quite a few today. At one point I thought I might get in trouble taking snaps in Sears. For some reason my D70 with that 17-55 lens looks a little odd.

I am not sure if I mentioned this, or if anyone noticed, but I store all (at least the last month or so) my blog photos on my Smugmug account in my Blog Photos Gallery. I upload full size images to the site, but then use the "medium" size for posting on the blog. So when you click on an image you get a slightly bigger image, but not the largest size available. So, if you want a larger picture (to print or whatever) you can surf over to the blog gallery and download full size images (3000x2000). I have also added the link as the top right link on this site.


I forgot to post this earlier and I forgot that I even took this image until Denise reminded me. Just as we were coming up to the railroad tracks today (on our way out of town) a train came through. I asked Denise to get my camera out of the bag and I quickly captured a couple of quick frames as the train was going by. I probably freaked out the folks behind us as I kind of stopped at an odd angle to get a clear view from the driver side window. Not a great shot of a train - but it was fun to capture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home