Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Death Valley

Well I made it there and back! So this little experiment worked out pretty good. The trip there was quicker than I expected and I am glad I stayed at the Furnace Creek camp ground. The others were VERY primitive and the one I stayed at was the nicer of all the ones I passed on the way. I would like to say I took a ton of pictures but I captured a few things I thought turned out okay. You can find all the images here!

The weather was really nice for the night I was there so the entire camping thing worked out very well. The one thing that really impressed me with Death Valley is how clean it was. Out here (home) there is trash all over the place and there are trails running in every direction. Out there everything was clean and there were no trails anywhere (except for designated areas) and for the most part you had to walk to the different areas to see anything. I have never seen such a clean desert before.

I made the HUGE mistake of taking the Trona way back from Death Valley. I figured a cut over to Ridgecrest would cut down on the trip and save me some time. However, the smell through Trona was HORRIBLE!!! I mean I the entire 15 to 20 miles through it smelled like an open sewer. I don't know why anyone would want to go through that town and I pitty the folks that live there. It was the worst part of the entire trip!

All in all it was a GREAT trip and I am really looking forward to dragging the family out for a camping trip.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, 08 February, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Nice shots! Glad you had a good time and the trip was successful.

 
At Thursday, 09 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pics of Death Valley.

 
At Thursday, 09 February, 2006, Blogger Duane said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I really enjoyed the trip and I am happy with the images that I got out of it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home