Thursday, February 02, 2006

I know...

...lets reload the Mac OS from scratch! I mean it isn't like there is ANYTHING else to do around the house! Boy, what in the world was I thinking. I thought that maybe Mac might benefit from a fresh reload of the OS so I decided to give it a go. The only good thing is I put back in the old drive into the iMac and went from there - so if this entire process BOMBS I still have the last long on the other drive. So far it is going OKAY but it has been a bit stressful. The last time I did this, when I updated to Tiger, everything went really smooth and the Apple backup program was WONDERFUL with the restoration. Well, this time I didn't use the Apple backup program and used SilverKeeper instead. It is working, but it is no where near as elegant as the Apple software (duh). So now I am downloading all the patches and installing all the software. I still haven't done Office but I have Photoshop on the system and I am downloading the updates for iPhoto now so I should be completely back up and operational soon. I just hope that everything on Denise's side works and nothing is clobbered there!

2 Comments:

At Friday, 03 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure if Denise's side is messed up the only thing clobbered will be the one sitting in front of your computer. Mom :)

 
At Saturday, 04 February, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

I could not have said that better:)

I hope all works well on BOTH sides!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home