Monday, January 16, 2006

Motocross...

Honestly I am not sure what it is called and I suppose I should have asked, but I didn't think about it. I went into town today for our tax appointment and on the way back I noticed that the motocross track was alive with action. So I decided to get off the freeway, the track is right next to the freeway, and see what I could see. Once I finally figured it out how to get there and got to the track I was greeted by a nice young lady who had me sign a little piece of paper saying if I was killed while there it isn't their fault! Anyway they have a few bleachers setup so I was able to see over the fence and I took about 270 shots for the 20 minutes or so that I was there. It was REALLY cool and I think something that I could really get into photographing. I am not sure if there is a market for it but it was fun to shoot. The field was just open for practice and I am not sure when a real race is schedule. All I do know is that it seems like EVERY TIME that I drive by the track is going. The full series can be found here!

Well the tax appointment went better than I expected considering what the numbers were I think I will stick with this tax group for a while. I had considered doing standard deductions this year and figured out the numbers if I did it that way. I figured I would get back a bit more, enough to cover the processing fee, and some extra but man their numbers blew me away. I think I will just stick with paying them to do it, drinking their coffee, and having a cookie (although this time I skipped the cookie).

I also talked to them about the potential of setting up a small photography business. It sounds like it might be something interesting to do and would be a way to leverage the cost of the equipment but I am holding off right now. If I can get some stuff rolling this year I could easily turn it into a real business though.

1 Comments:

At Monday, 16 January, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Wow - those are some great shots. The perosn on that bike would LOVE to have those shots. That might be something to think about. Glad taxes went well. It would be cool to have an expense for the camera equipment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home