Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Deanna's last day of PT...

Today was Deanna's last day of PT. They still want us to continue doing the exercises for her - but they are pleased with her progress and think that she is fine. The lump on her neck is not that bad any more either. So at least Denise doesn't have two mandatory trips in town, now we only have the one for Devin.

Oh we have about had it with our medical insurance and since it currently is open season we are going to make a switch. We will be getting out of this HMO BS and into a PPO. I know it will probably nickel and dime us to death - but our current HMO is doing the same thing - including limiting our DME so they are now not covering all of Devin's braces. They have setup a per year limit on DME and as of right now we have hit that limit. The new plan just has a 10% charge on the equipment. The only bad thing about that is you don't really know what you are going to be paying because they don't know what the charge is until they get it. Sounds a bit confusing but what the heck, we are sick of Pacific Care and are switching...

Oh, I do have an interesting story about that new Domke camera bag I purchased off eBay. As you may recall it was in a unique color (olive with black trim) and I am pretty darn happy with it. Well, I wanted to find out if I could get another model bag in the same color combination so I wrote Domke to ask them about it and I commented on my recent eBay purchase. I received a reply email from them saying that they don’t have bags in that color and that I have a knockoff. I replied back saying that was a bummer and I also forwarded the Domke email to the person I bought the bag from. I received a reply from the seller telling me she was the head of Domke for a while and that she had the bags made as tests or trade shows and such with a bunch of other detailed information. I thought that was a bit surprising and I ended up sending that back to Domke asking if I was getting completely snowed. They then responded back saying they were surprised by my attachment and that he would have no idea as to the samples that were made in the past and to “Rest assured that what she said then, is that you (I) have an authentic Domke Bag.” So, at least I know I wasn’t scammed and I also have something pretty darn rare. Heck – even if it was a fake it was such a good one that I would have gotten years of use out of it. Considering that I have been using my original Domke back since mid 80’s and it is still in good shape I can’t complain about their quality!

On a final note I have been using the image below as my desktop image for the last couple of days. It has really started to grow on me and I thought I would share it here. It was the other photograph I was talking about from this Sunday.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 08 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture of Deanna! I really like the Josuha tree too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home