Saturday, November 26, 2005

I found it on eBay...

First - if this picture works that will be amazing since I grabbed it from the eBay auction. Anyway - I found this olive with black trim Domke F2 bag and REALLY wanted to get it. Denise green (olive) lighted the endeavor and I setup an auction sniper (www.auctionsniper.com) snipe to get my bid in. The price did creep up a bit and I really thought I was going to end up paying a ton for this - but as it turned out when my bid was placed I just need to increase but the next big amount and I won. I am REALLY happy about that because I had put a high-bid limit and I was really worried that it was going to go that high. But as it turned out it was right about where I thought it would end up and just a few bucks more than a new one would cost - except that they don't make it in this color combination and you can get it. For some reason the only olive bags Domke currently makes is all green with even the trim green. I think that would look a little odd - for that I want to use it for - and I think the black trim will look much better.

I had thought about getting the Domke F1X bag, which is just a little bit bigger than the F2 - but since my current 1986 F2 bag weighs a freaking ton right now I don't think getting a bag with more room for more stuff is really a great idea - because I won't be able to move the darn thing. So - I think this newer bag will be perfect - and I can use the other bag for any extra stuff. Denise and I both really like Domke bags anyway. It is really amazing how stressful it can be watching an auction that you really want to win. Both of us watched the last few minutes waiting for some last minute bids - but fortunately there wasn't any.

I also printed some more pictures for framing. I printed "Chocolate Coin Goodness" and the lamp which Denise named "The Warm Glow of Light" in 11x14 and framed them. I messed up the coin print with my print size but I think it is still going to work. I still have to figure out what I am going to print for the other frames - but maybe tomorrow I might have enough to finish the dining room wall.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 27 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool bag. Congratulations on winning the auction. I do know the stress of wanting something and waiting for the bidding to end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home