Sunday, November 27, 2005

Lazy Sunday...

Today was a pretty lazy day with only a quick trip into town to hit Costco to get some much needed essentials. The really odd part about the trip were all of the RVs leaving the desert. We couldn't believe how many we saw leaving town and the backed up traffic to go along with them. We finally turned around and went a different direction because traffic had come to a grinding halt!

I did practice my lighting some more with the umbrella. I think I finally figured out how to aim the light and I did some shots (the two here were part of them). The first one above was just with the single flash while Desirae was watching television before we left. The second shot was done later in the evening and included actually 2 flashes into a single umbrella to get the light level higher for more depth of field. I also had a reflector on the left side of the flowers to try and soften the shadows. This all is going to take more time and practice - but when I can get something to turn out the way I expect it to that makes me feel much better! I can see how an Alien Bees - The Beginner Bee would really help out in this situation. The higher power and faster recycle time would really help!

The one thing (well the main thing) we did not accomplish this weekend was starting our Christmas shopping for the kids. We think we are going to just do the internet thing again and just pick things out from there. If we have questions or concerns then we will reconnoiter to one of the local stores to get more detailed information. We will probably try to do this sometime this week.

1 Comments:

At Monday, 28 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I really like the picture of Desirae and the flowers are absolutely awesome! Good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home