Sunday, October 02, 2005

Then there was two...

sickrabiitHoly cow, well now Desirae is sick! So this is moving through the ranks and through the house. Denise is VERY worried that Deanna will get the crud that Devin and Desirae has. Desirae threw up last night and sounded very croupy this morning. HOPEFULLY we will be able to keep both Denise and Deanna from getting anything, but my confidence level isn't high right now. At least Desirae doesn't have the asthma thing going against her so maybe this won't be so bad.

airfilterSo with everything going on - to include the fires down below - we decided that we should just go ahead and purchase an air cleaner. The funny thing is that we were going to purchase one of those ionic living air purifiers and just go that route but when I started searching for them online all I found was post after post about how BAD they are and how they can be harmful to your health. We finally check said screw it and bought a Kenmore. This one at least had good reviews, was AHAM certified and moves a lot of air. We just HOPE that it make a difference.

The worst part about having to go into town is how much TIME it takes to do it. 45 minutes to drive down there - 45 minutes back and then whatever you need to do while there. I did the on-line purchase thing for Sears thinking that I would just walk in, scan my card, and be on my way. Boy was that a mistake. I could have bought the darn thing in the department, get lunch, and then it might have been ready. So I don't think I will be doing that again any time soon. I was really hoping that it would have sped things up - but it didn't.

I did make a run over to Barnes and Noble to look for a cook book for Denise and more photoshop books for me. Both where a bust as they didn't have the cook book she was looking for At Home Cafe: Great Food and Fun for Everyone and I couldn't find any Photoshop books that really jumped out and answered any of my current questions. So I bailed on that idea.

It is truly amazing what you can find when you just keep hitting the "NEXT BLOG" button at the top of the page. I was doing that tonight looking for different ways people had formatted their style when I came across this one site that had a SHADOW on their text. Now they didn't need a shadow, but they had one. So I did a quick view source and found the magic little code that puts a drop shadow on text. I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure a way to make the text look right on my new header - and now I have it. I just told it to drop shadow the text with black and now you can actually read everything. Anyway I thought some of you might find that interesting out there...

With that, I think I am going to sleep...

Hmm, it looks like this may only work with the Safari web browser... Will have to check from different machines tomorrow...

1 Comments:

At Monday, 03 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly hope that Deanna and Denise can escape getting sick. I hope the air filter will help with Devin's asthma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home