Sunday, September 25, 2005

More studio work...

I finally finished the pictures to place over Denise's sewing machine and craft stuff in the office. The frames have been empty for about a week and today was the first time I could really set everything up to get the pictures I was looking for. I got what I was looking for and it has turned out the way I had envisioned. Below are the individual photos that I took today - that are framed in the image above.



I did make it out for another round of 600 yard shooting. We didn't have the shaving cream cans this time (because we couldn't find them for some reason). However we did have that big steel armored piece of metal and some bowling pins. So we zeroed in on the steel which made it much easier to see where the rounds were hitting and make the appropriate adjustments. Kris hit the bowling pins first knocking one behind some rocks and the other one feel on it's side. I did manage to hit the one on it's side. Being able to hit these targets as 600 yards is a REALLY cool feeling! We also did this from the prone position (as in the photo) since Dave wasn't able to make it out (and he has all the benches!... Benches, Benches, we don't need no stinking benches...)

Next week - if we make it out there - will be from either 800 yards or 1000 yards. We have a spot scoped out and it should work fine. The only problem we are getting into now is that we are so far out that people coming up to the hill don't realize what we are doing. We seem so far out that people don't think we are actually shooting at anything up there. We even had a problem like that today. After we setup the targets and drop down to our 600 yard spot we looked back at the hill and there was a truck on the side with two people out walking around. I yelled out to them and they left. They were actually coming our way but for some reason once they got closer they decide to turn and go the other direction... I think that is the one bad thing about living in California is that most people don't think... I don't think they figure we had an arsenal and were probably coming over to complain about us yelling at them. I figure that because when the got closer I waived (and not with a gun in my hand, it was on my belt, in the holster) and they just kinda waived back and looked a little uncomfortable, and drove on...

1 Comments:

At Monday, 26 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with the photos and the way you have displayed them. Good Job! Sounds like you had a good time shooting. California is a paranoid state, but for good reason actually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home