Sunday, October 09, 2005

Los Angeles Zoo

Well we changed our minds about going to the Zoo on Monday and went ahead and loaded up and went today! It was A REALLY LONG day, but it was a lot of fun! We got on the road about 1000 hrs and drove into the parking lot a little after 1230 hrs. That included a lunch stop, getting gas, and a potty break, so all-in-all we made really good time. When we got there someone also held a handicap parking stop for us and that was REALLY nice of them to do that.

Devin was the real trooper of the day and he WALKED the entire way and we never had to put him in anything. He held in there all the way to the end even though he was getting VERY tried toward the end of the journey. Denise and I were both really proud of him for that and there were a lot of other kids that were in strollers that didn't make it so it was pretty impressive. Especially considering that a lot of the walking was up and down hills which is even harder for him.

We did not get to see EVERYTHING but considering how larger the park/zoo is I am not too surprised. I think if we would have been fully mobile we would have been hard pressed to get around the entire park. We did get to see everything the kids wanted to see (snakes, lions, and elephants).

Fortunately before we left the house Denise said I probably shouldn't bring my camera bad. When she said that I was in the process of taking things out of the bag to lighten the load. However, after see mentioned that I though she had a point so I only brought the Nikon D70, Nikon 17-70 3.5~4.5, Nikon 80-200 2.8, extra battery, extra memory cards, and the mono-pod. This setup actually worked out really well and made for a fairly light load. I may have to think about that in the future. There were a few instances that I wish I would have had a different (faster) lens with me - but this setup worked pretty darn good. As it turned out I didn't need the extra battery or any of the memory cards!

I created a smugmug album with the rest of the pictures and the link is HERE!

Since we were basically in Los Angeles when we were done with the zoo we too a trip down into LA in search of someplace to eat. We had planned to find a Mexican restaurant however we ended up going to Wendy's on Sunset Blvd just down the road from Hollywood High School. On the trip out we drove right by the Kodak Theater which was kind of interesting.

Anyway I am pretty well beat and I trashed m back today. I have taken a bunch of pain killers and I need to finish this up and go to bed. I just hope Denise and I are both back to normal tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At Monday, 10 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - what a day. Good for Devin that he made the entire day walking! He is growing up. I will go check the rest of the pictures now. Hope the back is better today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home