Monday, August 15, 2005

It this ever going to stop?

Oh my god… I didn’t think it was going to stop raining this evening. I mean I knew a storm was coming our way, but give me a break. It started around 1730 and just didn’t let up. At first we thought it was interesting and after I moved the Murano into the garage we kind of just sat and watched the rain, hail, and sleet. It was pretty impressive and was coming down REALLY hard! I mean the hail just kept getting bigger and bigger. The road started to disappear under water and with the increased hail size we quickly made room in the rest of the garage for the van. When the hail died down a bit I ran out and moved the van inside.

When we came back into the house we were greeted with damp spots in the dinning room ceiling. We checked the rest of the house to see if anything else was leaking and other than the vents in kitchen and bathrooms we were okay. When I checked the outside of the house both sides were flooded and it appeared as though the water was rising to the foundation line. The roads, including the drive way were under water and most of the front lawn was under water. At this point water was already starting to come into the garage, but not by much.

Our lawn trim started floating away as well. We were really starting to get worried wondering what we were going to do when the water reached over the foundation. I mean I don’t have any sand bags or anything like that and it would have taken way to many to really do anything considering the quantity of water. Fortunately when we reached this point it stopped raining and the water started to reseed.

We are not really sure how much damage, if any, we actually took on this storm but it sure was stressful. We have never experienced anything like this before and it could have been much worse had the weather not let up…

More pictures of this wet day can be found here!

3 Comments:

At Monday, 15 August, 2005, Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

You are a great photographer.

 
At Wednesday, 17 August, 2005, Blogger Jon Kirby said...

I would say once the water goes past the foundation...start building a boat and gather up the animals 2 by 2! :)

 
At Wednesday, 17 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa - that was some storm. I hope that you don't have any permanent damage to the house. Great pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home