Saturday, August 13, 2005

The Red Lobster…

So, do you think they have a blue lobster? Maybe a purple lobster? I know, I know, a GREEN lobster! Okay so it isn’t the most original name, but that is where we went today for lunch. We were trying to do something a little special for Denise’s birthday and this is where she wanted to go. In keeping with the diet we didn’t go crazy but we did have a nice lunch! I had some fishy thing and Denise had some scallops and clams. It was really good, and since we were eating light it didn’t cost us a fortune.

The only other things we wanted to do in town was to get a new food scale and some cook books. So off we (me and the kids) went to Barnes and Noble and (Denise) Linens-n-Things. Denise did find the scale she was looking for and it basically looks like our bathroom scale, except a lot smaller. This should really help out in the food-weighing department and definitely should help in the diet thing. She also found me a water pick – I asked her to look for one because of the tooth problem I am having. I REALLY HOPE that helps!

The B&N experience was alright. We did find a couple of cook books and I also found a couple of photographic magazines I wanted to get. I was hoping to get a good basic photography book, but that didn’t go so well. They did have a good selection of books, but they all pretty much sucked. Oh well.

Today was also the day of Alicia’s (Amsler) birthday party. It was also their house warming party. We got there about 40 minutes late but fortunately we were not the latest folks. I took a TON of pictures, and if interested they can be found here!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 17 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you could at least go out for Denise's birthday - fish is always good and you have to have something special once in a while.

The scale looks pretty cool. I got one off Ebay and it is really nice. We use it for food and for postage.

It is a shame that it is so hard to find good books these days.

Nice pictures of the party, but it will take me a while to get through them all. Wow - Alicia is really growing up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home