Sunday, August 07, 2005

So you say it's your birthday!

Okay, so its really my birthday but whatever! I know it is hard to believe but I am finally 35 years old. Who would have ever thought it. I tell you those birthdays sure seem to come up quickly on you. In sticking with the diet, kinda, I didn't have a birthday cake and we really weren't going to do anything but the kids wanted something with a candle. So we improvised and came up with a single scoop of ice cream. I think it worked out pretty good and it was REALLY GOOD ice cream! Overall the day was low key and a lot of fun.

I did go shooting with the guys (well there as one girl, Kris brought his daughter) and as usual it was a blast. I did finally capture one of the exploders going off. We mainly focused on rifle shooting and out came the 308s, you know we have a lot of 308 rifles amongst us. I think we had a total of 3 bolt action and 3 M1As. Again we didn't stay out too long because the heat was just so overbearing. I think we were able to stick it out until 0930 and then we were on our way back in. OBTW I did post the pictures on smugmug and you can find them here!

Really the best part of the day was when Denise made that strap thing for me. I kind of screwed up because I was "helping" and watching her and didn't grab the camera. It is really kind of funny if you think about it because I had my bag (which is nearly 20 years old now) and mono-pod at the sewing machine while she was making it to ensure the fit. I think it turned out GREAT though I would have preferred different clips, but these work. It is exactly the way I thought it would be and it fits perfectly on the camera bag. At least now I can roam around without having to worry about carrying my pod. Denise really is the GREATEST!

1 Comments:

At Monday, 08 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the candle in the ice cream. I am VERY sorry I did not call yesterday (I did send a card so you know I did not forget). You have certainly come a long way in 35 years!

Great picture of the exploding target! That is actually better than looking through the scope.

The clips on the bag look really cool. They look like they came with it. You are correct when you say Denise is the GREATEST! You are a lucky man and she is a lucky woman and your kids are VERY lucky to have you as parents!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home