Saturday, August 06, 2005

The great buckle search

Okay, so here's the deal. I decided it would be really cool to come up with a strap/clasp system so I could attach my mono-pod to my camera back (it's a Domke F2). Anyway we decided 1" banding would be the way to go and a metal fastener with a clip on it so it would match the other Domke clips. OMG, you would think this would be a SIMPLE thing, but NOOOOOO. I mean we went to Ace City Hardware, Joanns Fabrics, Carl's Hardware, Lowes, and H&E. I mean come on, how hard should it be to find 1" binding (or any strap material for that matter) and metal clasps to go with it. We did FINALLY find the exact binding and plastic clips at HanCock Fabric. What a pain. Anyway, hopefully tomorrow Denise can either make or show me how to make this thing. The end result should be a binding that snaps on the mono-pod and then clips on the camera bag making it oh-so-easy to move around!

Alright, so there was a REAL reason to go into town. We needed more fruit for the grand diet. We have just about exhausted our inventory of fruit and decided that going to StaterBros just wasn't economical. So off to Costco we went! Granted there were side trips along the way (mentioned above) and we did do lunch we finally made it there and bought a bunch of fruit, and a couple of other things we needed. Amazingly enough we made it out of Costco for under $45.

On the way back we ran into some really foul weather which just dumped on us. At one point I could barely see while driving on the freeway. There was also lightning flashing with a few closer to the road. Kind of interesting. But the really neat part was when we were coming up on Mojave and we could see this column of water dumping on the other side of Mojave. Denise asked me to pull over and take a picture. It was kind of hard to capture, but you can make out the column of water in the middle-top of the picture. It was pretty neat though.

Well, we have finally resorted to bribing Devin to try and walk. Denise and I were talking about this earlier today and thought that maybe the walking party idea was just to far out of reach. We thought maybe we needed to come up with a more immediate - you do "A" you get "B". Since Devin has really started thinking about saving money and is collecting change we thought we will try to get him to walk for change. So, the idea was pitched and basically when he does things that really work toward the walking party we will give him varying amounts of change. So first off he "walked" from the hallway to the couch (once) for a quarter. He actually tried about 7 times and we finally stopped him because it was past the bed time. I didn't get any good pictures of that, but I did get a picture of Denise cutting Devin's finger nails... Okay, so it doesn't really pertain, but I needed more pictures!

I also cleaned my sensor (actually nearly f#&$ the sensor) on the camera. Once I finally got it working again I got this shot of Denise and Desirae...

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 07 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - out of Costco for under $100 is amazing, but under $50 - I am truly impressed!

Don't you hate that running around thing - glad you finally found something that will work - great ideas can sometimes be a pain in the a...

Good idea with the money. We are, after all, a society of instant gratification - and if it works, the end goal is what you are trying to achieve anyway. Does this mean I can start giving the kids money instead of presents?????? Just kidding . . .

Nice picture of Denise and Desirae. You do have a family to be EXTREMELY proud of.

I liked the picture of the rain - good idea Denise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home