Monday, November 09, 2009

Music & Photography...

As most of you know I took up guitar a bit over a year now. I am glad to say that I can now make noise that sounds similar to what one would consider music! Shortly after the F22 crash earlier in the year I picked up an Epiphone acoustic guitar and I have really enjoyed playing it. I actually "play" every day. The only exception is if we do something that takes us away from the house early and brings us home late (which doesn't happen too often). I kind of use guitar playing and practicing almost as meditation and it really helps me to relax.

So the point of this post is that I have been wanting to create the above picture for a long time. I did something similar a while back by the execution was all wrong. I cleaned everything up setup the lights and made a bunch of shots of this guitar. This by far is my favorite and was the main shot that I was going for.

I tell you, if you have ever wanted to learn guitar I recommend giving it a go. There are a ton of online resources and if you can make it through the first couple of months you will really enjoy it. Like anything, you have to put the time into it to get something out of it, but I think it's worth it. But, at Denise likes to say, "at the end of the day you still don't have a hat!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home