Sunday, November 15, 2009

Depths of the castle...

I had the opportunity to return to Shea’s Castle today with my buddies Kris and Todd . I know these images here are a bit unorthodox for what you would consider from a castle shoot, but as we were going through the passages underneath I ran across these two scenes, which just seemed cool to me.

You loose a lot of the creepiness of the top shot because it was absolutely dark in there. We had to use flashlights to navigate. To get this shot I used two Nikon SB-800 flashes in “commander” mode to light this small area. Kris is standing just out of frame on the right bouncing his light and I am using one to control the other and light the left portion of the frame.

The second image was in the boiler room and I thought it was just amazing looking. The colors and contrast was just wonderful. I actually came back after my first couple of shots (and some wondering around) to shoot it correctly. I think it just a cool image and I just might have to make a large print of that one.

As always it’s a blast to get out and make some images. I think Todd got some pretty cool stuff and I am looking forward to see it. He also took some shots of me making my shots so I am sure that is going to be funny to see!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 18 November, 2009, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Wow Duane, I really like both of your pictures - you do have an amazing eye for getting amazing shots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home