Saturday, October 06, 2007

Newport Dunes...

We made it to Newport Dunes to the Outbacker Rally. Denise broke out the Foreman to make hamburgers when we got here. It was pretty cool and the weather is nice. The wind is blowing a bit but not too bad.

It is pretty neat seeing all the different Outback trailers all lined up together. There are few folks that have Some Other Brand (SOB) like us, but everyone is VERY friendly. There were quite a few people there already when we arrived (around 1530). We are getting the hang of moving the trailer around, but it was still a tight fit because of the size of the trailer and the size of the lot. But we have everything together and it is a pretty nice place.

We walked around a bit when we got here and met some of the people that we only knew by handles on the forum. We have very unoriginal screen names (duaneellison & deniseellison). Anyway it was still cool - one of the guys (California Jim) brought his popcorn maker and was giving popcorn out to everyone that came by (wayt cool).

We also broke out the fire pit last night and had a nice little fire. So everything is going very well!


Update: Well, maybe the firepit wasn't such a good idea! I am not sure if it was that but I have been pretty well laid up this rest of the weekend. The next morning I left like I was going to die and our may adventure for the day was going to wal-mart to get drugs... I didn't even make it to the BBQ and Denise ended up going with the kids - which was a disaster and ended with her coming home early. I left a bit better on Sunday, but we did another fire to cook on and by the time we were ready for bed my head was completely stuffed and I couldn't breath... That's pretty much the way we stand right now... I guess I am just ready for this weekend to be over! Oh well... It was still nice to see a few people and be away from the house...

3 Comments:

At Saturday, 06 October, 2007, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Your trailer is really awesome. Have a great weekend!

 
At Tuesday, 09 October, 2007, Blogger Donna Rae said...

So were you laid up from the smoke or did you do something to your back? Sorry the weekend did not turn out more pleasurable.

 
At Tuesday, 09 October, 2007, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Ahhhh I guess I did not read closely - stuffed up head:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home