Monday, September 03, 2007

Ideas...

First, I really love it when I have an idea for a shot and I am able to put it together and have it look like it did in my mind. This is the case with the shot above. I had not shaved the entire weekend because I wanted a scruffy intense look for a photo shoot I was planning on this weekend. Today was the day I was able to setup the “studio” in the appropriate configuration to make it happen. It involved a bit of trial and error but in the end I got what I was looking for.

Anyway this has been a very interesting weekend. Today was the oddest day because I made my way to visit my dad and grandmother. She isn’t doing very well and I have not seen or really spoke to either of them for quite a while. It was nice visiting with everyone and catching up on everything that has been going on. The really amazing part is that every once in a while when my grandmother laughts/smiles she looks like I always remember her looking. I probably need to see if I can step up a portrait shoot so I can capture that moment. I think it would make a truly wonderful photograph. I just couldn’t bring myself try it today.

Oh, yesterday we made our way down to the Irvine area to go to Mike Thompson RV to see if they could make us a deal on the new travel trailer that we want. After a three hour drive down there and another two hours “haggling” we inked the deal on a new trailer. There is a chance everything might be ready next weekend but I am not sure.

While we were in the area we connected up with one of my (while, I guess my only) seminar buddy from lighting seminar a few months back. So I finally had the opportunity to meet Steve’s family and they got to meet us. Even though we were running WAY behind schedule (considering it was a spur of the moment thing I use schedule very loosely) they held up dinner and we ended up having a very nice meal at their house. Everyone got along very well and it was really difficult to pry the kids away from their new friend. The only bad thing was that we didn’t arrive home until 0145 hrs...

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 04 September, 2007, Blogger Donna Rae said...

I really like that shot. Where is the link for this new trailer???????

 
At Tuesday, 11 September, 2007, Blogger Brad said...

Duane, I really like the intense scruffy look pic. Well done. I know I wouldn't wanna mess with the guy in the photo.

 
At Friday, 21 September, 2007, Blogger Sam said...

This looks like a closing shot of a PSA but I'm not sure what the topic would be. I think I'll consult with Joel about that and let you know. You could make a real difference!

 
At Wednesday, 26 September, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the time with your grandmother.

I miss mine every freaking day since 1995. She was awesome and I miss her very much.

Your Shutterstock brother,

Gary "Paul_Lewis"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home