Thursday, April 12, 2007

In use...

When I started this microstock thing I was never focused on seeing my images in use or getting a byline. For me it has always been about trying to create good images that people/designers would be willing to buy. I often read folks on the stock forums asking about how to find there stuff in use and again it has never been my motivation I generally don't even look for my images in use. So today it was a bit of a surprise to get an email from iStock informing me that one of my images had been used in a design that was submitting to the designer spotlight. If interested check the link and check out the design. There are only a couple of pages listed - but one of the pages has the image of Devin and Desirae playing in the pool.

We continued to make more photographs today mainly focusing on food. The idea was to shoot everything that we made today but our steam ran out (my steam) toward the middle of the day. We did get some really nice images of breakfast ingredients and the final product. As imaging goes this has been a pretty good couple of days - I think I have uploaded 20+ images over the last two days.

Oh - Denise reminded me that I failed to mention yesterday that I purchased another set of lights. This time I bought a 2000 watt second kit from Photoflex, the StarFlash 1000 Gemini Large LiteDome Kit with Bag. It is a pretty massive unit especially with the large softboxes but they are really nice strobes with a LOT of power and 250W modeling lights.

3 Comments:

At Friday, 13 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duane! The photo of your children on the brochure looks as if it were taken just for that purpose. Congrats on the pick-up! Must be so neat to see your work in action. All the best, Dawn.

 
At Friday, 13 April, 2007, Blogger Donna Rae said...

How cool is that!!!

 
At Saturday, 14 April, 2007, Blogger Brad said...

Duane, that is pretty impressive how they used your picture as though it was meant for them. And I am sure others are doing the similar things with the same photo. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home