Monday, April 30, 2007

Bob Harris...

Well, today has been a pretty depressing day. Denise received a call that people only dread to receive. Her brother Gene called her this morning to tell her that their father had died on Sunday. It appears that he had a heart attack. He was in the middle of an Enduro motocross race when he stop, parked his bike, then passed away. This was really a major shock and completely unexpected. Bob was very active, I mean heck his 60+ and he is racing motorcycles, and for all intense and purposes was very healthy. So it has been a very somber day to say the least. My mom is coming down tomorrow to watch the kids and then Denise and I are flying out on Wednesday. The viewing is on Thursday and the funeral is on Friday. We fly back on Sunday. Even as I write this I really just can’t believe it. Bob was really an amazing guy, someone that I always felt I could look up to and aspire to be more like. I can’t believe that he is gone. Denise is doing pretty well considering the circumstances. The worst part is we have done everything we can think of to get a hold of Denise’s sister in Bolivia without any luck. We have called their local church here in California, emailed the US Embassy in Bolivia, and tried numerous telephone numbers to try and get a message to her.

The photograph above was from Bob and Charlotte visit back in 18 Jul 2005.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 01 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Denise, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I just wanted to leave a quick message to let you know Tim and I are thinking about you and have a safe trip. I know I am far away but If I can do anything (to talk or whatever) please let me know. Love Vickie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home