Saturday, February 03, 2007

Long week...

Well, everyone has been not feeling well this week and today seemed like the first day when everyone started feeling a little better. We ended up going into Mojave for lunch and then stopped by the park on the way back. The weather is starting to get a little warmer so there were a lot of folks there. This shoot was a nice one and something that I thought might work for stock - we will have to see on that!

Also while we were there a couple of kids were doing tricks on their skate boards. After shooting some other stuff I asked them if I could photography their tricks and took a series of shots that can be found here! It was fun shooting them and I thought they were crazy with what they were doing.

Mike Rundle also came by earlier in the day to help me with my broken generator. For some reason the darn thing stopped working and I haven't been able to get it to do anything for weeks now. I mentioned it to him a week or so ago and he said he would come by and take a look. My confidence wasn't really high but within about 10 minutes he got the darn thing to fire up and in another 10 minutes he had troubleshoot the problem. We didn't have the parks to fix it - but he found the problem and knows someone who could fix the broken part. So in theory I should be back up and running again by next week. I was pretty darn happy with that because I really thought the thing was toast...

OBTW - I finally hit my first stock photography payout! I passed the $100 mark on iStock and already have the money sitting in my account. I missed the $100 mark on ShutterStock by a quarter! That was pretty frustrating. Anyway it was nice to hit this milestone! Actually had I lowered the pay-out limit on ShutterStock I would have received payment from them as well. As, according to my tax person I am not operating a business!

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 04 February, 2007, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Glad to see some pictures and have you back on! The skate board shots were good (a couple I really liked). The shot of Denise and Devin is really cute.

 
At Wednesday, 14 February, 2007, Blogger Brad said...

Congrads on the payout, Duane. May it be the first of many.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home