Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sick day...

I caught that "thing" that is going around and ended up coming home early yesterday and slept pretty much from the time I got home until the next morning. I went ahead and called in sick for today and just tried to take it easy. It seems like a lot of folks are getting sick so I suppose it isn't that much out of the ordinary.

We did take a bit of time in the afternoon to do a series of shoots. The series was something I have been thinking of for a while and we finally just were able to pull it together today. It also helps when the darn studio is just setup so there wasn't much to just grab a camera and start shooting. I think they turned out pretty good and the one I used here is my favorite. Denise also wanted to do a series with Desirae so we took some but I haven't processed them yet.

We did have an interesting knock at the door. A tree trimming company was in the area and came by to see if we wanted our Palm Tree removed. At first I though we could just have it trimmed and asked him to do that. After talking for a while Denise informed me that she never really liked it and wanted it gone so we had them just remove it. So when they came back they sawed it down and used a robotic stump grinder to take the stump out. It was a pretty impressive operation and they cost was pretty darn cheap. The guy even let Devin operate the robot too - which he REALLY loved. I do have some pictures of that - but I didn't get them loaded yet...

3 Comments:

At Friday, 19 January, 2007, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Cool picture and glad to hear you had your palm removed - I hate palm trees and they are a pain to maintain. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the pictures.

 
At Saturday, 20 January, 2007, Blogger Brad said...

Aww. Being a hillbilly from the Ozarks, palm trees seem exotic and fascinating. It's disappointing to hear how annoying they are. But you are the ones who had to live with it. They say the same kind of things about magnolias around here.

 
At Saturday, 20 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say your pictures are pretty impressive!! I enjoy looking at the blog and keeping caught up. Denise told me I had to start leaving comments so you would know someone is enjoying the blog. Keep up the good work! Vickie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home