Thursday, December 15, 2005

Adventures in Bakersfield...

Well, I finally got sick and tired of the left channel on the cd player and the left mirror control in the Murano going out that I finally called and got an appointment to take it in today. Everything is still under warranty (thank god) and since Devin had a physical therapy appointment it worked out pretty good. There is also a service advisory on it so they are going to check that out as well. I probably won't get the car back for a week because it looks like they are going to replace the stereo in it and that will have to be ordered. I told them that I didn't really care how long it took and that I didn't want to get the car until it is finished because of the distance. So I will just drive the Bronco until they are done.

After that we hit Barnes and Noble were I purchased Portrait Photography: Secrets of Posing & Lighting which looks like a REALLY good book. For looking at it while there it seems to cover a lot of information in detail with diagrams so I think it is going to be pretty good. I did see this book reviewed in a magazine and it was on my short list of books to check out. I actually went there to find a different book (which they had) but after looking at it decided not to get because it didn't really have the information that I wanted.

From there we went to dinner at the Red Lobster (that's were the photograph was taken) and had a pretty nice dinner. We haven't gone there in a long while and it was pretty nice. We also arrived early so it wasn't too busy and we were seated as soon as we got there. But the time we left the place was packed. On another note - the photo was taken at an ISO of 1600 with that 20 F2.8 lens - I sure like that lens for stuff like that...

So it was a pretty long day but at least we got some things accomplished!

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 15 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool - sorry to hear about your car, but I am sure they will get it back asap and all fixed up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home