Sunday, September 18, 2005

Home studio...

I tried out my "home studio" equipment today with a better backdrop. We did this again in the living room (just more room there) and hung a burgundy sheet from the window (with the blinds and everything closed). I put the flashes at angles and shot away. The image is tad fuzzy but for the first REAL test of the equipment I think it turned out okay. I am going to have to practice some more to get a better understanding of this lighting stuff though.

600 yards...

We finally made it out to our little range to do some shooting. Kris brought out a few cans of shaving cream and some compressed air. I must admit he was the first one to hit these tinny targets from a distance of 600 yards, but I did FINALLY hit mine. I cut the video down so I was not shooting that fast and if you look closely you can see the contrail of the bullet lobbing into the target. In reality we were shooting targets there were 10" high and 3" wide from 600 yards. So at 600 yards a Minute-Of-Angle (MOA) would be 6" so that's a pretty tuff shot. For the most part our rounds SEEMED like they were in that 6" circle - it was the 3" that was killing us.

2 Comments:

At Monday, 19 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the picture is beautiful. Looks like you're doing a great job. Mom

 
At Monday, 19 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the picture and think it is really appropriate that Deanna is pulling on Mommy's hair! Very nice shot.

Glad you finally got out to shoot. Awesome shot and ditto for the video!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home