Thursday, September 08, 2005

I HATE SCORPIONS!!!

Okay, so like I was minding my own business putting away the dishes and getting ready to start making dinner (I know, I know, that a completely different story) when I pulled out A BOWL from the cabinet IN THE KITCHEN and was "greeted" by Mr. Scorpion. Oh ya I dropped the bowl! I MIGHT have even screamed like a little school girl - but luckily no one else was around so we can just keep that our little secret! You know it is times like this that I wonder why I haven't taken up drinking... So I took Mr. Scorpion and introduced him to Mr. Steal Toed Boot. They got along amicably...

On a less stressful note Sarah (our niece) wanted to come over and help out with the baby for a few days. Since Denise was heading into town for Devin's weekly physical therapy appointment she arranged to meet Aunt Michelle at Costco for "the exchange". (I can't help myself it just sound funnier that way). Anyway, so she is going to stay until Sunday when Michelle will come and pick her up. Hopefully she will be able to watch the children so Denise can get some sleep during the day.

With the long trip today Devin got a really late start on his homework. He did get everything done but it took a while to complete. Denise also reported that he did a really good job today at his PT appointment. His normal therapist Karen hurt herself so he had a alternate person conducting it. For the most part Devin has been working pretty hard on this stuff... However, his motivation is that I told him we would discuss getting him a pet if he could walk with one cane... So he is working toward that...

4 Comments:

At Friday, 09 September, 2005, Blogger Jon Kirby said...

Either you have one of those steady lenses or you kept your cool while taking the picture of the scorpion. Good Job!!

 
At Friday, 09 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol considering Jon's comment - good point! Yikes and to think I was just there doing the exact same thing - just not right!

I must admit I love your way of explaining things:)

 
At Friday, 09 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm I forgot to comment on the whole getting ready to make dinner note - you're a good man, Duane!

 
At Friday, 09 September, 2005, Blogger Duane said...

No, I panicked like a frightened school girl… It wasn’t a VR lens, but the glass in front of me gave me a bit of protection! The entire thing really freaked me out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home