Sunday, August 28, 2005

Smokin'

So, what do you call a popping, buzing sound, with diming lights, and a nice eletrical burning smell??? Well, that would be our BRAND NEW dishwasher going up in smoke! Denise actually heard it start going and everyone made it into the kitchen for the last flicker of light (and life) from the dishwasher. We don't know what really happened, and the service tech will not be here until September 1st, but it is dead. I mean deader than dead. The only good thing is that the kitchen didn't actually catch on fire. I mean, that would have just really sucked...

Okay, on to more news! It was a sad day for another reason too today. Nana and Max packed up their stuff and headed home. It was really wonderful having Nana (my mom) here for the entire week and I am REALLY glad that Max came down to see Deanna again and pick my mom up. The other option would have been to take the train back, but I think another visit was just the ticket! A BIT too much driving, but everything should calm down a bit now!

So tomorrow Devin is back to school, and I still have the week off (baring any major problems at work). There are still alot of things to do around here and I know this week is going to fly by.

Deanna and Denise are both doing great, and each day Deanna's color looks better and better.

1 Comments:

At Monday, 29 August, 2005, Blogger Jon Kirby said...

Brings new meaning to SNAP, CRACKLE, POP!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home