Thursday, August 04, 2005

Work it Baby work it!!!

Okay, so maybe the title isn't appropriate, but whatever. Devin had a physical therapy appointment today under the new schedule. Denise was tried of driving to Bakersfield for only 30 minutes and requested they move the appointment so he could get more time. Well, they increased the time only 15 minutes, but it is a start. The significant thing from today is the fact that Devin worked his little butt off. I guess at first he was complaining and not really wanting to do it, but Denise pulled out the camera and he really went into high gear. I am not sure if you can see it in the photograph, but he is wearing weights on his angles and the therapist was trying to see how high he could lift his legs. He basically did this high-lift thing the entire way.

They finished him off with some crunches and other things. I think Denise is going to make sure that she brings the camera more often and hopefully it will continue to motivate him!

On my way home they called me on my cellular because Devin wanted to tell me how well he did today. That was really cool and I am REALLY glad to see him trying harder.

Tomorrow is testing day for Denise. She did confirm today that she doesn't have to sit around the office all morning so the plan is we head out, they get their blood, we then go get food, then hang out until 2.5 hours later so they can take more blood. HOPEFULLY this will go well and she only has to stick with the diet!

1 Comments:

At Friday, 05 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa - you go Devin! Interesting how your children are all into the picture thing . . . ummmmmm could there be a lot of picture taking going on in the Ellison household? That is so great that he is working hard and is motivated. (Maybe bars down your hallway and there could be extra PT at home with the video camera set up on a tripod?????).

I will keep my fingers crossed about the whole blood test thing.

BTW - I LOVE this Blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home