Saturday, April 03, 2010

Pre-Easter...

Today was the obligatory pre-easter egg decorating day! Denise found this interesting new gizmo for coloring eggs and it seemed to work pretty good. Somehow it kept the coloring in the container instead of all over the table, floor, rug, etc! The kids had fun and even Denise and I decorated eggs. I happened to grab the last one before someone else got it! It was pretty cool and they should great for tomorrow!

The one disappointing thing is that Nana and Max didn’t make it down for the weekend. They were all ready to leave on Thursday evening but my mom (Nana) had something go wrong with her had (she recently had thumb surgery) and she was pretty much out of commission. They ended up spending a few hours in the emergency room and she is laid up for the weekend until she can talk to a real doctor on Monday. So that was really a drag on multiple levels.

I had taken the day off so that we could all go down to Los Angeles to visit Studio Depot and Samy’s Camera. Since I had the day off I went ahead and drove down to see Studio Depot, they are only open during the week. The best part... About half way down there I get a call from my buddy Mike letting me know they were CLOSED for Friday... Seriously it was kind of a double drag. I did end up going back to Film Tools (which is a pretty cool place in it’s own right) and Mike hooked up with me to take me over to his friend’s chocolate shop. That was REALLY cool. I bought some brownies for the kids (and Denise) everyone except Denise really liked them. I ate hers because I wasn’t about to waste that! (I actually didn’t buy one for me because I shouldn’t be eating it in the first place).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home