Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I know - let's walk...

So here's the deal. I came home today a bit early and Denise and I were talking in the bedroom when Devin just decided that it was time to start walking. He walked from the couch, down the hallway (without touching the wall) and into our room. He continued to do that for about a hour and through the remained of the evening. I think he has finally decided in his own mind that it is time to start walking. So we just might have to plan his walking party soon!

I know some folks reading this might not remember or know that Devin has CP and is physically disabled. His problem is mainly in his legs and as such he walks with canes and braces. So this is a HUGE step. I only say this because I know I have mentioned it at work before and people are like "big deal" and they don't realize just how big a deal this really is. Denise and I are VERY proud of him and excited that he is doing it. Hopefully he will keep it up and get better. He really did it for a long time tonight and was doing pretty darn good!

OBTW - I am pretty sure I broke my little toe yesterday. I have a doctor appointment on Friday and though I know he isn't going to be able to do anything I figure it is a good idea to get checked out and I need to talk to him about a couple other things so it is finally the excuse to get off my duff and make the appointment. Oh - and in case your wondering - it really hurts...


I think this says it all - this is how my Charter Cable modem has been for over a month now. And you are reading that correctly - it says 1 kbps upload rate... This is just horrible...

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, 03 May, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Wow - you go Devin! That is really teriffic and I hope he keeps it up - I am ready for his walking party whenever he is.:)

 
At Thursday, 04 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, tape your little toe to the next toe until you do get to the doctor. In the meantime, I'm calling Denise. Love, Mom

 
At Thursday, 04 May, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

OMG you are in big trouble with your service!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home