Friday, October 21, 2005

Weather is changing...

Well, this photograph doesn't really have much to do with the title of today's blog - but I like the picture and I haven't posted it before so I figured it was appropriate! However the weather is changing around here and it is getting much cooler and nicer. The lighting has also been beautiful and I need to find something to capture that.

So, this week is over and the day is just about done. The significant event for today was the fact that Devin received his new glasses today. They look pretty good too.

I know your thinking, "Okay camera boy, why isn't there a picture?" That is a very good question and one I don't really have a good answer for. I guess I could attempt to make an excuse. Okay, here it goes, my backup hard drive has locked up and become unreliable. I spent most of the time when I got home today getting what I could off the drive and trying to recover - and maintain a backup of my data (read photos). I think I have been successful. I have also order a Lacie Porsche 250GB firewire drive from Apple. Now I hope that this is a good drive and works as advertised. My "plan" is to buy one of these drives ever couple of months and then rotate the backups.

Okay - so why am I so paranoid about this? Well I was talking to a fellow shutterbug (he is much better than I am) at work today that just got back from a 2 week trip to Africa. He bought himself one of those nifty external drives with a card reader and proceeded to take about 6000 pictures on his once-in-a-lifetime-trip. Well, he got home and the thing CRASHED on him. It is currently back at the manufacturer where HOPEFULLY they are going to swap the drive out and save his photographs - otherwise he has lost EVERYTHING. Anyway - that has made me a bit paranoid and I want multiple backups of my images...

On the weekend I am not really sure what we are going to do. The only plan really is for me to take some things back to the stores (like our cordless telephones, my external hard drive) but I think I will be doing that solo. There is also the renaissance fair going on tomorrow in town, but with the kids sick I don't think it is going to be a family affair. That is really too bad because they make really good photo opportunities too, but oh well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home