Saturday, September 03, 2005

A quiet day...

Well today was a quite day around the house. Not much was accomplished other than moving some pictures on the walls and hanging out with the kids. We are continuing to try and redecorate around the house and neither of us are sure we like all the changes. Today we moved the main large print we had in the living room into the dinning room and placed 6 framed 8x10 photographs in the living room. The pictures are nice, I just don't know how well it is going to work in there. We also hung three smaller 5x7 framed prints in our room - and I think that turned out pretty good. It is just difficult to change things when they have been a certain way for almost 5 years.

We didn't even make it outside... Well that isn't entirely true, I did go to Fast Trip for some eggs for breakfast this morning! I am not even going to go into the gas price ordeal but that was just crazy...

Deanna was pretty active today so hopefully she will sleep good tonight!

Oh I did decide to backup my entire photo collection, all 56GB of it to DVD. I thought I needed a complete copy of everything on disk to go along with the external drive that I have the system copy to every night. I figured it would take an hour or so... Well, I started at 0958 and it FINALLY finished at 1730... I could not believe how long that took to burn 15 DVD+R. I will NOT be doing that again - and I think next paycheck I am going to seriously check in to buying another external drive that I can keep in the safe. That was just ridiculous!

I also connected up through iChatAV with an high school buddy of mine and we chatted for a while (probably a long while, I think we were both getting the evil eye from our wives). It was really neat to actually "talk" to him and iChat works REALLY good between iMacs. Even though we haven't see or talked since high school we have been keeping connected via email, text chat, and blogs so it wasn't like we haven't "talked" to each other for ... eh ... 16 years... Computers are a pretty cool thing when you think about it that way.



This is a video Test











I am trying to figure out how to add video clips into the blog. This should be easy - but it is appearing more difficult than first expected... You should see a small video clip of Devin holding Deanna.


3 Comments:

At Sunday, 04 September, 2005, Blogger Beth Danae said...

cute pic!

 
At Sunday, 04 September, 2005, Blogger Duane said...

Thanks Beth appreciate the comment!

 
At Tuesday, 06 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I love the video idea - nice work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home