Friday, September 02, 2005

OMG the week is over...

Well this week is finally over. I think we are finally settling in to our new routine and figuring out how everything is going to work. The biggest problem is still just getting enough QUALITY sleep with Deanna. At night she makes a bunch of noise that really keeps us up. But she seems to be doing REALLY well and she doesn't really cry too much, generally when she is hungry and no one (Denise) hasn't dropped everything to try and feed her. But as soon as she assumes the position she calms right down.

I also got the changing table cleaned up and setup in the house. It is really going to help and I also didn't realize just how low the bassinet was and how hard that is on your back. Now we just have to figure out where we are going to put the crib -and when we are going to put Deanna in it. All the logistics!

Next week going back to work is going to be really strange and will probably be harder on Denise. I don't think I am any great helper, but I we have been able to tag team things to get things done around here and to take turns getting some rest. So hopefully it won't be much of a problem. At least next week is a short week so it will only be 4 days. I just hope I am not scheduled to work OT on that weekend... Will just have to wait and see...

Denise received flowers from the Mom & Me group for the birth of Deanna. There were REALLY beautiful, and I couldn't pass up an opportunity to photograph it. Denise really loved them too! So THANK YOU to all the nice folks that put that together - and to Angela for delivering it!

    I just can't help but comment all the news that is coming out of the affected areas from hurricane Katrina. I can not believe - well I would rather not believe - what those thugs are doing to people down there. If the news is correct, which in this case it probably is, the terror that is ongoing down there is despicable. I heard an interview from a surviver down there that said that the military (guard) or police should really make an example of these people to shut it down. I really wish they would do something along those lines. Generally you hear stories of people coming together in situations such as this, but I guess we have never had a complete loss of major cities before... Just sad, very sad!

2 Comments:

At Friday, 02 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see a picture of you and Desirae - very cute! (Thanks Denise).

I really like the picture of the flowers - how sweet of the group.

I am sure things will be more normal soon and going back to work will be difficult on everyone.

The whole situation surrounding Katrina is mind boggling - hard to believe people behave is such a horrid manner when the chips are down.

 
At Saturday, 03 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Big D,

Just got back from the Big Easy, got you that DVR you asked for and some sweet jewelery from someone who "no longer needed it" Anyway catch you next week. peace out D-12.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home