Saturday, October 29, 2005

Gabby's birthday party...

Today was one Gabby’s (one of Devin’s friends from school) birthday party at the park here in town. This was also the first day Devin and Desirae have been out of the house. Both Devin and Desirae have been looking forward to this party for over a week and we were glad they were well enough to go. Gabby’s parents did a wonderful job of setting it up with a great spread of food and a bunch of activities for the kids including many different games and a piñata. Denise did capture some video of that and I still have some editing to do before I can post that. All the kids had a lot of fun and everyone stayed about four hours before everyone started packing up to leave.

I actually got up early this morning for a boondoggle with Kris down to Los Angeles to visit Samys Camera. He wanted to see and touch the Canon and Nikon digital SLRs to figure out what camera he wants to get. With so many different models and options to choose from nowadays I figured Samys would be the best place to go with the largest selection to look at. The folks there were very helpful and answered all our questions and Kris got an opportunity to look at all the models he was interested in. It looks like he is going to go the Canon route probably getting the 20D model. Looked like a really nice camera and seemed to have a good feature set.

It was really nice to head down there and have some time to really look around and talk to people without any of the kids around. I think we got a lot of good information and I think I learned a lot. I think that place is a pretty good resource and that just MIGHT justify the “extra” cost they charge for buying in the store. Their prices are a bit less when you buy online.

Anyway, I did make it home in time to catch the last hour or so of Gabby’s birthday party. I was actually a bit surprised when I arrived home and Denise and the kids were not here.

Oh, for the bad part about today… While I was in Los Angeles I received a call from work informing me that I needed to come in tomorrow morning. On the positive side it will be a few hours of overtime so I guess that isn’t a completely bad thing.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 30 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute picture and looks like the kids had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home