Sunday, March 01, 2009

Daren's Recording Studio...

So, I have a garage photo studio and Daren has a recording studio (but not in the garage). So he invited me over so we could "jam" and he could see my amps. So I loaded everything up in the truck, include a set of lights, and headed over to Bakersfield.  One thing that was kind of cool was Daren asked me play something that I knew and he turned it into a song.  So he recorded it then added all the other elements to include a drum track, base guitar and lead guitar and rolled it all into a finished track.  It was basically a hack but it was sure neat to see the process and have a finished product at the end.  Daren has been doing this for many years and is pretty darn good.  I actually had one of my softboxes set up while we were doing this so I was able to kind of turn in recording studio in to a photo set. It was really a lot of fun and I didn't end up getting on the road until 1130PM so it made for a REALLY LONG night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home