Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue

Okay, this might be a long story, but about a week ago I was in guitar center looking for information about the Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue guitar amp. It is a "reissue" of their very popular 1965 version of this amp. I have been looking for another nice lower power amp that is more suitable for around the house - instead of using in a concert - and was thinking this might be a good option. The only problem is that no one locally has any of these babies in stock so it wasn't like I could play on one to test it out.

So, there I was, minding my own business in Guitar Center when someone came up to talk to me. I mean what in the world were they thinking, I was like, minding my own business! Anyway I asked some questions about the amp and after a short exchange (and some false information) the guy there was like "I can get you the amp for X". Now when he said X, I was like, hmm, that number seems a bit low from what I had priced out before and I wasn't absolutely sure if maybe I had incorrect information. Well, we were running a bit late and needed to leave (Denise and Deanna were with me). So we headed home.

Once home I logged onto some sites, to include eBay and noticed that the price I was quoted was $200 bucks cheaper than the normal "everyday low price". I thought, "Hmm" that odd so I called them back to make sure everything was good. So after talking to him and getting some clarification - it would be from a different store but it would be new but might have been on the floor. The guy said he would make some calls and call me back.

After about an hour or so I got a call back expecting some problem. There really wasn't a problem per say but he did say the one he was trying to get might not have been as "new" as he though so he searched the company inventory and found one at a store in Texas. He said the guys there said they just pulled it out of the box a week ago and that it was in great shape. I was like, "really, what if it sucks?" He was like, no problem it's new and if you don't like it just bring it back here and we'll take care of it. So I say go for it!

Alright - first issue, like a bonehead I didn't really call to follow-up until the end of the week. Guess what, they charged me for it, but the guys in Texas forgot to send it. So in a mad dash they got it in a box and sent it out.

Well today it showed up and I had prepared myself for problems, and you know what? Not one, the darn thing is wrong!  It is in perfect new condition with all "box candy" and such and sounds AMAZING!

The double best part about this is that for some crazy reason Fender has decided to increase their prices and I saved over $350 bucks on this thing. I mean like how often does that happen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home