Monday, March 20, 2006

More LRS

Well, this is another shot for this weekend that I edited tonight. For the most part, after going through the images, I am pretty happy with them. I wasn't so happy when I was shooting them though. I guess I had a vision in my head on how I thought the shoot was going to go - and nothing really went the way I wanted it to. I think part of the problem was that my background wasn't that big and I wasn't able to do any full standing shots of Denise. I think had I bought another sheet and used one on the floor and the other up it would have worked. But I didn't buy 2. Oh well...

We are trying to figure out where we may go this weekend. Like I said yesterday, WeatherDock seems to think that the weather is going to be good. We are just having one heck of a time trying to find a place that is relatively close that would be good to go. We were thinking someplace in Ventura, but our internet searches are not going very well. It starts to get a bit stressful when you can really find a good place to go.

3 Comments:

At Monday, 20 March, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Nice shot of Denise. Ventura should have some camping areas.

 
At Wednesday, 22 March, 2006, Blogger Duane said...

Hi Jane!

It really works pretty good and all I am using is a blue flat sheet that I purchased at Ikea and I am holding it up with some PVC pipe across 2 light stands. It doesn't have to be elaborate just have to get it up. If you don't have any strobe/flash units just set it up with a window at a 45 degree angle from the person's face and it should turn out pretty good.

Then again you can do some amazing stuff with just a single Alien Bee studio light. They put out A LOT of power and with an umbrella the lighting is beautiful!

 
At Wednesday, 22 March, 2006, Blogger Duane said...

Wow - not really sure about that. I am not really too familiar with the non-DSLR cameras but I do know some of the Nikon CoolPix 8000 series cameras have pretty good resolution and can take accessories like external flashes and such. I am not really sure about the models. I would recommend either B&H photo or Canoga Camera if you were to mail order. If you could budget a bit more the Nikon D50 or Canon Digital Rebel are really both really nice cameras and a good base that you could expand upon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home